On Nov. 30, 2018, Nicky Jam‘s life series El Ganador (The Winner) premiered on Netflix only in Latin America. Fans in the U.S. were and are still disappointed that the series didn’t air here, as previously announced by Telemundo.
According to the network’s statement, the series hasn’t been set for a release date due to the airing of the World Cup and the reality show Exatlon during the summer. The network is looking at other scheduling options but has not yet decided.
After its launch on Netflix, the series started trending since his fans and non-fans were very curious to know what he had to confess about his life. Billboard had the opportunity to watch Nicky Jam: El Ganador. And, we must say: Nicky Jam has never been so open about his life until now. For that reason, Billboard listed the shocking, proud and missing moments from Jam’s series.
– Nicky Jam suffered all his life from not having his mother because of drugs. The strongest scene is when he was between 8 and 9 years old, he sees his mom outside a restaurant having sex in a car.
– As a child, he had trouble going to the bathroom at night. Many times, he wet his bed and the smell remained on him. At school, he was bullied and according to the singer the teacher had to spray him with cologne in front of his classmates. He cried telling the story.
– In Puerto Rico, the drugs consumed him to the point that he was aggressive.
– He became a criminal after possessing a firearm and not controlling his temper.
– He managed to break the vice of drugs thanks to his father. In Colombia, his dad locked him in a hotel room for months until Nicky was completely clean.
– He did not stop looking for his mother, and when he found her, he applied the process his father taught him to also get his mother off drugs.
– After detoxing, Nicky Jam had the courage to know how to say no to any drug offer.
Things we wanted to see
– In the past, Daddy Yankee was a key factor in his career. But we wanted to see more about his relationship with J Balvin. Basically, he is part of the new Nicky Jam, and their friendship is authentic.
– How “El Perdon” was born. Maybe more details during the songwriting session, his reaction when knowing that Enrique Iglesias wanted to collab or the moment he heard the song for the first time.
– More about his return to Puerto Rico. We wanted to see some footage from his first concert at Coliseo de Puerto Rico.