General Contest Rules – El Zol 1340 AM
Philadelphia , PA
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Contest dates vary from contest to contest.
3. Method of entry and determining winners varies from contest to contest.
4. All prize winners are required to pick up their prize at the radio station offices at 1341 N Delaware Ave.Penn Treaty Park Place, Suite 408, Philadelphia , PA 19125, Monday through Friday between 9am – 4pm (unless otherwise instructed). We strongly suggest that winners call the station first at 484-562-0510 to verify that the prize is at the station and to plan a pickup time. Prizes, including cash prizes, may take up to sixty (60) days to be available for redemption. Winners must show legal identification to claim prize. All prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of official notification that the prize is available to be claimed. Prizes unclaimed after thirty (30) days of notification will be forfeited. Alternate methods of picking up prizes may be determined by WHAT-AM in certain situations.
5. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash equivalent will be offered in substitution of prize. No prizes may be substituted or exchanged for other prizes.
6. Employees of WHAT 1340 AM, Aztec Capital Partners, El Zol Media (“El Zol Media”) and its affiliates, contest sponsors, their associated advertising agencies and their immediate families, as well as employees of other radio and television stations and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
7. Winners forever release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless El Zol Media and its affiliates, their officers, employees and directors from and for any claim liability, income tax, loss or damage caused by or arising out of participation in a contest and/or use of a prize.
8. If requested, all winners must provide El Zol Media with their social security number before prize is awarded. Prize winners will be responsible for any and all applicable taxes and fees. El Zol Media will provide winners of a prize valued at or more than $600.00 with a 1099 form when required.
9. Void where prohibited by law.
10. Prizes may have been furnished for promotional or advertising consideration.
11. Only one (1) qualified contestant per residential address will be eligible to win within thirty (30) calendar days.
12. El Zol Media and its authorized representatives reserve the right to postpone, reschedule, delay, and/or modify the contest dates and/or method of entry at any time. El Zol Media and its affiliates may be excused from its obligation to execute the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to cause beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
13. El Zol Media and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse awarding any prize to a person who is determined to have violated a rule as outlined above.
14. Winners allow El Zol Media and its affiliates to use their name, voice and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
15. A copy of the official rules may be obtained by stopping by the office during regular business hours, or by sending a self addressed envelope to El Zol Media or on the station web site www.elzolphilly.com.
16. Odds of winning are based on the number of phone calls or entries received. El Zol Media and its affiliates are not responsible for failure of any caller to successfully dial the radio station, any callers who may be disconnected, or for any entries lost in the mail.
17. Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address and fill out all required fields on entry form to be eligible. Limit one entry per day per email address. El Zol Media and its affiliates, contest sponsors, and their associated advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by station users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate. Station also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. The station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.
18. El Zol Media and its affiliates reserve the right to change or alter the official rules, method of entry and/or prize(s) without prior notification.
19. The decision of the judges is final.
20. El Zol Media keeps your email information confidential and will not make your address available to any other company or organization. However, we may occasionally send you an email about a station event. If you do not wish to receive such mail, please respond with NO MAIL in the body of your email.