Account Executive- Salary and Commission
Senior Account Executives
As of January 2, 2016, El Zol Media began broadcasting over 99.9 FM in Philadelphia, PA. El Zol Media is the only cross platform media solution for the Spanish language population in the Philadelphia region. We reach our audience through award winning WHAT 1340 AM, 99.9 FM, Azteca Philly TV, on the internet through miphilly.com <http://miphilly.com/>, elzolphilly.com <http://elzolphilly.com/> and the largest social media presence in the market.
El Zol Media is looking for highly motivated Senior Account Executives. Senior Account Executives are responsible for selling commercial advertising time on the radio station. Senior Account Executives must know the station’s programming, the importance of the station’s dial positions and power, as well as know what the competition is carrying and their standing in the market. Senior Account Executives work closely with businesses and advertising agencies and help their clients market themselves to the station’s listeners. Salary and commission structure based on qualifications of applicants. Compensation increases quickly for motivated candidates.
Senior Account Executives must be able to:
*Generate revenue and meet sales targets
*Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with clients and agencies
*Develop new leads by cold calling and making appointments
*Communicate effectively and persuasively
*Be personally organized with the ability to prioritize, manage time and meet deadlines
*Use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and the internet
*Provide proof of driver’s license, car insurance and reliable transportation
*Show strong English written and oral skills – Bilingual (written and oral) is a plus but not a requirement
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> . El Zol Media is an equal opportunity employer.
El Zol Media (AM 1340)- Interns needed in the Greater Philadelphia Area. Add work experience to your resume and gain exposure in radio broadcasting and production. Internships are available all year and can be a minimum of 3 months. Hours may vary between 12-15 hrs per week, with specific days and times agreed upon in advance. INTERNS ARE NON-PAID POSITIONS. Be open to working at radio events at night or weekends if needed.
* Understand that daily duties can vary greatly within each department
* Access to reliable transportation. Proof of Valid Driver’s License, car insurance and Social Security card required for all internships
*Gathering leads for the sales department — finding businesses appropriate to our station’s listening audience to advertise for customers
* Helping write and or record sample and actual commercials to run for potential and current advertisers on AM 1340.
*Training as a board operator for remote events and assist the production department if needed
* Assisting the AM 1340 sales force in daily duties revolving around their work of calling on new and repeat advertisers. This could include helping gather information for sales proposals, setting up and working station events at client locations and station events throughout the city.
* Helping the station’s production department with commercials.
* Strong English skills written and oral a MUST, but bilingual (written and oral) is a plus (If bilingual please specify in what languages)
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . El Zol Media and affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.